Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Global Senior Packaging Engineer based in the UK, providing leadership in packaging material science and technology, building a pipeline of Sustainable materials, and working ‘end to end’ with the Enterprise Innovation Council to deliver innovation in an Agile manner. Reporting directly into the Senior Packaging Manager, the purpose of the job is to deliver new packaging design and development projects, from concept through to implementation in our factory network and beyond. You will also work with the rest of the Packaging team to deliver the packaging solutions to achieve our ambitious 2025 sustainability goals.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level qualification in a relevant technical discipline (Packaging, Engineering, Material Sciences, Product Design etc), with demonstrated knowledge of packaging materials, including flexibles, rigid plastic, cartons, and cases
- Understanding of packaging sciences, packaging development, packaging legislation, food processing and production
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing projects in an FMCG environment, demonstrating project management skills including risk management, prioritization and managing a diverse group of stakeholders both in demand and supply
- Experience in working with outside vendors to deliver project requirements, with great collaboration skills and experience working in agile and flexible teams with Design Thinking approaches
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Owning the technical packaging design and development for a variety of projects (of high profile/complexity) across different product categories to support Growth and Sustainability
- Creating packaging prototypes and ensuring successful line trials at Mars, co-packer and co-manufacturing sites, working with cross-functional teams to employ ‘design thinking’ to deliver Desirable, Viable, Feasible and Sustainable innovation, leading projects of different levels of complexity at the same time
- Working with Global Design, Product Development and Factory Innovation teams in building and delivering the innovation pipelines, with the ability to start-up a project from their own insights / initiative and challenge the business with ideas for new packaging for value creation
- Creating packaging designs and specifications that deliver to consumer -customer and supply chain requirements
What can you expect ?
- Chance to work on world-renowned brands for a company voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus and benefits package that rewards you for your work
- Equal Parental Leave: 52 weeks off of which 26 paid at 90% salary
- Mentoring and development support from day one
- More than just a career; you will be joining a purpose-driven organization trying to build a better world tomorrow