NEW VACANCY (PK6697)
GLOBAL / TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER, PACKAGING & LABELLING
ANY UK LOCATION
£Competitive + Company Car / Car Allowance + Bonus+ Pension + Phone + Laptop
Our Client is a privately owned, well-funded global packaging company, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join their UK based team, they have a requirement for a Global Key Account Manager to join a dynamic, fast-paced and ever evolving environment, providing excellent customer service and responsible for the development of both new and existing and accounts.
Our client is looking for someone who has strong technical plastic extrusion knowledge (converted self-seal and grip seal bags) and demonstration of farming accounts along with an eye for detail and reporting.
- Manage the named accounts (existing customers, new business accounts and target accounts) to maximise profitability, in line with corporate objectives, business plan and sales targets.
- Customer base will all be UK based however you will be liaising with company production sites throughout the world
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential customers through effective communication (telephone, email, letter, visit, etc) and building appropriate networks and partnerships.
- Responsible for account managing, sustaining and maximising revenues from named accounts.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement, variations in price, delivery and specification.
- Accountable for sales forecasting (including aged stock) and sales budgeting by providing accurate sales forecasts for all sourcing regions.
- Contribute to the annual business planning and budget process.
- Directly involved in commercial decisions that impact the profitability of the named accounts.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue/commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with the sister companies to manage the named accounts.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Design, Production, Sales Administration, Credit Control and Finance) to manage named accounts.
- Collect information and prepare proposals for new and existing customers.
- Contribute to development of marketing strategy and materials.
- Contribute to product development in response to customer needs.
- Work alongside other Global Account Managers to ensure a consistent process across the business and the sister companies.
- Partner with production to resolve quality issues as needed.
- Attend trade exhibitions, events, trials and demonstrations and other ad hoc activities involving customers.
- Keep abreast of companies' products and services.
- Keep abreast of competitors' activities.
- The Global Account Manager may be asked to carry out more, less or differing duties as requested by senior management from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years' experience of working in a customer-facing account management role, with excellent customer relationship management and influencing skills.
- A good basic understanding of print and packaging.
- Sound business analysis skills: experience of managing budgets and ability to interpret financial reports.
- Results focused, evidence of consistent achievement of meeting sales targets.
- Experience of working in, and being sensitive to, different cultures.
- Detail conscious and accurate.
- Experience of providing strategic input to senior management.
- Excellent team working skills as the Group is a global organisation, getting along with your colleagues is essential.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to prioritise in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to work proactively and on own initiative and actively solve problems when required.
- Extensive knowledge of clothing retailers and garment producers.
- IT literate (MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, the internet).
- Commitment to, and empathy with, the aims and objectives of the Group.
- Flexibility - willingness to travel extensively, both in the UK and to the regions where the sister companies are located and to be flexible regarding hours of work to suit different time zones.
- As part of any business improvement programmes, the Global Account Manager may be asked to be a member of various cross-departmental project teams in order to meet specific objectives.
- Current driving licence.
Reporting and Administration:
- Provides a detailed report on a monthly basis against a set timetable.
- The report highlights a concise review of the period and details an update on the named accounts, target accounts and news on competitor activity.
- Manages own administration to ensure the smooth running of each of the named accounts.
- Communicates regularly with the internal UK sales team and the sister companies to ensure good information and work flow.
- Maintains accurate records using the agreed systems and ensures all customer files are well organised.