NEW VACANCY! (PK6870)
GLUING OPERATOR - NIGHTS
Circa £30K + Overtime (Monday to Saturday - Paid at Time + ½ and Sunday - Paid at Double Time) + Pension Scheme
NIGHT SHIFT: 5 nights, 10-6 Monday night start.
Our client is a leading corrugated manufacturer, supplying the full range of Corrugated Packaging, HQPP and Litholam in to a variety of market sectors.
They are currently looking to recruit a Gluing Operator working on Bobst and SBL multipoint gluers.
- Checking print quality and that the product makes up correctly and is fit for purpose.
- Taking dimensional measurements and associating these with products specifications, ensuring products are within tolerance of customer expectations.
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery.
- Setting machinery both via a computer and manually
- Demonstrating flexibility in operating a variety of machinery proficiently
- Ensure accurate records are maintained throughout production process.
- Look to help your Team Leader improve on all KPI's with effective utilisation of labour and resources.
- Minimise downtime by forward planning to ensure all materials are available well in advance
- To help utilise allocated labour to the best effect in order to achieve identified priorities.
- Work with your Team Leader on process/continuous improvement projects
- To help your Team Leader co-ordinate labour over meal breaks and ensure allocated break times are adhered to.
- It is vital that you recognise and acknowledge your own responsibility for health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Health and safety is an integral part the company and all colleagues are expected to play their part in creating a safe working environment.
- You are required to report any accident, hazard or near miss or faulty equipment to your manager.
- To ensure all health & safety remains a high priority among the shift.
- Ensure guarding and other safety devices are fit for purpose and in good working order, also recording all guard and emergency stop checks. `
- Reporting any unsafe conditions or breaches of regulations to the Shift Supervisor ensuring that crews are following the safe working practices.
- Involvement in the review process of all associated SSOW and completion of any Risk Assessments.
- Support the management team to bring a step change in the perception and understanding of Health & Safety issues in their designated areas.
- To establish and maintain quality awareness for raw sheet, work in progress and finished goods within the team
- Ensure rejects are identified and located in the appropriate area and dealt with in line with company procedure and communicated to the Team Leader.
- Monitor all associated paperwork for compliance
- Actively look for opportunities to improve quality for customers and the site.
- To develop zero defects production by building an understanding of quality within the team, ensuring quality procedures are followed and continuous improvement.
- Ensure you are not contravening compliance standards for BRC (Basic Hygiene) operating procedures, maintaining Good Hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Manage and monitor temporary staff working within your crews, ensuring they are compliant with basic hygiene.
- Monitor and intervene (where necessary) contractors and visitors to ensure compliance with hygiene controls and awareness.
- Ensure Housekeeping standards are complied with, in particular 'clean as you go' policy and line clearance procedure.
- Control waste segregation.
- Promote reduction of energy wastage on machines by reporting air leaks, support your Team Leader to shut off radios / conveyors / fans during teas breaks, shift changeovers and close downs.
- Report, in a timely manner any blocked drains / waste / control issue.