NEW VACANCY! (PK6570)
NORTH EAST - (Please contact me for further location details)
SALARY - £33,985 + 22 Days Holiday
Hours of Work: Working 4 shift patterns
Please note due to Covid 19 the company are having staggered start and finish times to limit the amount of people arriving at the same time and so they can temperature test all Staff. So shift may be different (15 mins either side) dependant on shift.
The shift pattern follows a rotating 28-day cycle, where a cycle is working;
- 3 x Days, 3 x Rest Days, 3 x Nights, 2 x Rest Days, 3 x Days, 3 x Rest Days, 3 Nights and 8 x Rest Days, until the cycle recommences.
- Shift Days - 6am to 6pm and Shift Nights - 6pm to 6am.
Our Client is a leading carton manufacturer, providing bespoke solutions predominantly to food markets throughout the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a experienced Gluing Minder to join the Finishing Department
You will report directly to Team Leaders and Shift Leaders and be operating a gluing machine and its associated ancillary equipment to optimum efficiency and is responsible for all aspects of efficiencies, quality and waste.
Key Objectives And Responsibilities:
- Provide a continual and effective service within the Department, fulfilling key tasks as required
- To maximise efficiencies and quality, and minimise waste
- Follow all quality systems and procedures within the Department
- Ensure compliance with all existing systems, standards and procedures within the specific work area to satisfy both company and customer requirements - including ISO quality, hygiene, health & safety and environmental standards
- Work effectively and efficiently as part of a cohesive team
- Work in line with Lean Manufacturing principles
A NVQ or Related qualification in this discipline is desirable
- You will be a proactive and flexible crew member and work with the team to ensure targets are achieved through continuous improvement and lean techniques.
- You will be an effective communicator, a team player with leadership qualities with a good understanding and knowledge of quality, hygiene, environmental and Health and Safety systems / standards.