NEW VACANCY! (PK7077)
GLUING OPERATOR - CARTONS
YORKSHIRE (Please contact me for further location details)
SALARY - £34,655 (£26k +shift allowance) + 22 Days Holiday
12 hour continental shift pattern
Our Client is a leading carton manufacturer, providing bespoke solutions predominantly to food markets throughout the UK.
With significant increases in demand, they are looking to recruit a Gluing Operator to join their team
You will report directly to Team Leaders and Shift Leaders and be operating a gluing machine and its associated ancillary equipment to optimum efficiency and is responsible for all aspects of efficiencies, quality and waste.
Key Objectives And Responsibilities:
- Provide a continual and effective service within the Department, fulfilling key tasks as required
- To maximise efficiencies and quality, and minimise waste
- Follow all quality systems and procedures within the Department
- Ensure compliance with all existing systems, standards and procedures within the specific work area to satisfy both company and customer requirements - including ISO quality, hygiene, health & safety and environmental standards
- Work effectively and efficiently as part of a cohesive team
- Work in line with Lean Manufacturing principles
- You will be a proactive and flexible crew member and work with the team to ensure targets are achieved through continuous improvement and lean techniques.
- You will be an effective communicator, a team player with leadership qualities with a good understanding and knowledge of quality, hygiene, environmental and Health and Safety systems / standards.
- Previous operation of Gluing Machines is essential for this position, it is not an assistant role.