NEW VACANCY! (PK6695)
URGENT REQUIREMENT NO WEEKENDS OR FRIDAY NIGHTS
GLUING OPERATOR - ACCOMODATION OR RELOCATION HELP
*** TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT****
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
£Open + 34 days holiday + Overtime (Time & ½ + shift premium)
Rates of pay:
3 shifts then the top pay will be £34,551
2 shifts no nights, it will be £31,894
Shift Pattern Monday To Friday:
Earlies: 6:00am - 1:30pm
Lates: 1:30pm - 9:00pm
The client is happy to look for a candidate who is looking to move or is available from retirement even on a temporary basis.
MY CLIENT WILL CONSIDER AN EXPERIENCED CARTON GLUING /FOLDER OPERATOR OR A FINISHER / MACHINE OPERATOR WHO WANTS A CAREER CHANGE FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN OVER 18 MONTHS TO 2 YEARS. IF YOU HAVE WORKED AS A FEEDER ON A GLUING MACHINE THIS WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE
Our Client is a well invested independent print & folding carton manufacturer. In house they have state-of-the-art printing presses, the latest folding technology and a range of finishing equipment. Supplying clients in the confectionary, food, cosmetics, healthcare & pharma to pet care markets.
They are currently looking to recruit a Gluing Operator to join their team. The company operate a 24-hour shift operation and this is an excellent opportunity to gain a long-term career within the packaging industry.
- Ensure day to day running of the Folder/ Gluing machines, in line with the companies S.O.P's, and Specific customer requirements.
- You will need to do the setting up and maintenance of the machine too.
- Monitor and control carton quality.
- Maximise machine efficiencies and minimise downtime.
- Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, health and safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data onto MIS accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out.
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised.
- Ensure any defect print is highlighted to Team Leader and QA department and that it is flagged correctly.
- Provide holiday cover in line with production agreement, and provide sickness cover where possible
- Ensure effective shift handover is carried out.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational and self-motivational skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all carton styles essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people