£20K - £30K (Dependent on Experience) + 22 Days Holiday + Company Pension Scheme
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Our client is a creative agency working on branding, packaging, campaigns, projects (offline and online) and printed media for a wide range of clients and consumer product sectors.
Due to growth and increasing demand, they are currently seeking a creative minded Graphic Designer ?to join their in-house Design department. They offer a career development to build a successful career working¬ in a fast paced, dynamic and team orientated environment.
The chosen candidate needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities as well as the ability to meet deadlines in high pressure environments. Design skills are a must and working with the in-house design team, the role will involve collaborating to ensure design is to standards. The candidate will be responsible for producing print ready artwork and digital assets for their clients.
You will have a good eye for layout and typography, have a creative flair in design and layout creation, meticulous attention to detail and fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). The candidate will need experienced understanding of marketing platforms (both printed and digital). You will need to understand modern print processes in packaging and digital production (online asset creation).
Our designer will be ready to develop their existing skills by reporting to the Creative Director and working with the creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of campaigns, an understanding of typography, layout and animation will be needed to help produce the best work possible.
A good knowledge of the following tools is required:
- After effects
Communication is a big part of the job, so the Trainee Designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards recognition.
The specific details of the Trainee Designer's role will vary day-to-day, but common activities include:
- Developing new concepts through to design and production stages
- Complete and create artwork for brand communications
- Design assets for website, email, social and paid media channels
- Research images, typography and design trends
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Communicating with the Creative Director to receive feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Producing corporate marketing literature
- Producing / designing presentations within PowerPoint
- Supporting in-house marketing team to produce innovative visual campaigns
Key Skills required:
Our designer needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- At least 3 years creative industry experience in digital and print graphic design
- Using of Apple Mac equipment and operating system
- Good Office skills, Mac and PC Platform (PowerPoint and Word)
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- A background of working as part of a Design Team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Strong understanding of layout and typography
- Ability to follow and work within brand guidelines
- Creatively driven and a keen eye for detail
- Illustration skills would be advantageous
From time-to-time the role will require the candidate to work hours that aren't typical, so a flexible approach is needed.
£20K - £30K (Dependent on Experience)
0161 486 3104