£Attractive Salary Based on Experience
Shifts: 3 Rotating Shifts - Monday to Friday - Early, Late & Nights
Our client is a well-established international leader in the manufacture and supply of innovative premium packaging for consumer markets.
The company are currently looking to recruit a Gravure Printer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience operating Gravure machines, however flexographic printing experience will also be considered as training on Gravure machines will be provided.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Preparation of printing press for running to include full job set up, adjustments of printing plates, ink pressures, feed and tension controls.
- Choose material and inks required for production job being manufactured.
- Check ink viscosity.
- Ensure print registration and print alignment are correct and where necessary correct for specification.
- Complete and make ready through press and examine for colour correctness, image, overall quality and uniform ink coverage.
- Review, interpret and apply written job specifications and works instructions.
- Load on printing material.
- Monitor running operation of press.
- Adjust speed of press.
- Solve and correct problems that may occur on press.
- Make quick and appropriate press adjustments when required to avoid expensive loss of material due to errors and to maintain consistent production quality.
- Liaise with maintenance department for any necessary repairs required.
- Remove and clean plates at the end of a press run.
- Complete efficient change over between jobs.
- Maintain accurate production, time and required quality information.
- Follow safe working practices employed by the company.