Reporting to the COO, we are looking to recruit a Head of R&D to provide leadership of its R&D activities across all Global brands and markets. In this position, the successful candidate will lead transformation of the current operational set-up (People, Processes, Tools) into a globally integrated function focussed on delivering innovation with excellence, supporting the Regulatory compliance needs for the portfolio of activities, and leading the development of both a strong collaborative team and expert capabilities to meet today’s needs and develop the innovation of tomorrow. In this role, the successful candidate will both look to support short term business needs with pragmaticism and agility, and champion change necessary to transform R&D into a strategic asset enabling profitable growth across brands and regions today and for the future.
You will be responsible for up to 10 reports across Packaging Development, Product Development and Regulatory (some of which might be located in global locations), the disciplined and rigorous candidate will lead with charisma, be highly influential and inclusive, foster a culture of engagement, collaboration and continuous improvement, ultimately growing an expert organisation supported by an ambitious and collaborative culture & the home for growth of highly successful team members.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of relevant R&D / NPD experience, in FMCG roles, including hands on or management experience in several of the below disciplines, and leadership of holistic innovation programs:
- Packaging Development
- Product technical development
- Quality management and continuous improvement
- Regulatory management
- Innovation portfolio management
- Experience in having led organisational and operational transformations, including definition of new processes (SOP / R&R / RACI) and successful implementation organisation leadership experience of 5+ reports, and track record of having built successful teams and individuals.
- Experience in leadership of multiple programs in parallel, across multiple brands.
- Inspirational and collaborative leadership, with an ability to lead and inspire the organisation with charisma and vision, including through times of significant change