Head of Sales
Flexible Packaging-Lidding Films
Europe/UK based with relative close proximity to an airport
Job ref: CST/50901
Salary/Benefits: Attractive - Commensurate with experience
Part of an international and highly successful group, our client is a leading UK packaging manufacturer renowned for its innovative technical lidding film used across many segments of the food industry. Following on from significant investment in new technology, the business is well placed for impressive growth, mainly in international markets. To underpin these ambitious developments, the company is seeking this important role to develop a stronger distribution network and direct sales, lead the commercial team and implement the sales/marketing strategy, bringing about a more connected way of doing business.
Lead international and UK growth opportunities. Develop and deploy strategies for sales, marketing, product & channel management, pricing, customer service and technical support that contribute to the Company’s long-term growth, margin and profitability targets. Be the voice of the customer in the business. Manage and develop the competencies of the sales & customer services team. Contribute to the vision and strategy delivery as a member of site management team.
- Key customer retention and increase “share of wallet”
- Identify, validate & acquire new customers
- Key account management process for strategically important customers
- Establish & maintain consistently high customer satisfaction levels
- Establish clear long-term product portfolio plan focused on customer/market demands and aligned with Company production/technology strengths
- Collaborate with lead customers & internal stakeholders (production/finance/R&D) to manage product portfolio (additions/extensions/pruning) to optimize profitability
- Identify and develop strategic partners in key geographic areas
- Develop and deploy distributor agreement format for managing the relationship with and performance of distribution partners
- Develop and deploy long-term pricing strategy/framework for current /future products aligned to growth and profitability targets
- Ensure short term pricing maintains margin levels relative to material costs
- Manage/evolve commercial terms in-line with customer & business needs
- Develop the customer services team and processes to achieve “best in class” customer service levels
- Focus the customer services team on key performance indicators and service level agreements that deliver to customer demands
- Develop and deploy online collaboration tools together with lead customers and IT to fully integrate communication processes with key customers
- Develop & deploy new product/brand marketing communications strategy
- Develop & deploy product marketing tools aligned to business goals
- Collaborate with other Group business units/key distribution partners in trade shows, exhibitions etc.
- Technical Support
- Collaborate with key customer and internal stakeholders on new product development & deployment
- Collaborate with key customer and internal stakeholders on any customer complaints
- Leverage customer relationships / understanding to enhance market knowledge and build competitive advantages in our product and service offering
The following experience is required:
· Demonstrate a comprehensive technical knowledge of lidding films and their applications as well as a good understanding of the global market and customers.
· Able to demonstrate success growing domestic and export sales in a similar role
· Willingness to travel globally, with minimal restrictions, e.g. for customer visits and to host / co-host exhibitions
· Action oriented, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
· Business insight, applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
· Customer focus, builds strong customer relationships & delivers customer-centric solutions.
· Persuades, uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
· Drives results, consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances.
· Strategic mindset, sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713