NEW VACANCY! (PK9096)
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT MANAGER - NEBOSH / ISO
Commutable from Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Southern parts of West Midlands
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year, and the other various benefits include: Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit, bonus scheme, child care vouchers, discounted gym membership and use of the golf club
Our client is a manufacturer of efficient and sustainable packaging solutions and services for food products and for medical devices and pharmaceutical products. Currently looking to recruit an Occupational Health and Safety and Environment Manager to ensure compliance to OHSE legislation.
- To act as the organisation's lead competent person for Health and Safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Set the strategic framework for the management of Health, Safety & Environmental standards which includes Occupational Health & Safety Standard, engaging stakeholders across all regions to ensure that these standards are understood and embedded.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Plant General Manager and the senior management team to ensure that the organisation complies with statutory obligations and best practice.
- Drive initiatives to achieve the zero injuries target.
- Data collection of analysis and reports for site SMT and as required.
- Make Business Unit recommendations, propose options and develop implementation plans to ensure that the organisation maintains compliance in all areas of OHSE.
- Provide coaching, specialist advice and practical support on all OHSE matters to the site and to the wider group.
- Keep up to date with new OHSE legislation and best practice developments that affect the organisation, ensuring that when necessary, policies, procedures and processes are appropriately updated.
- Responsible for the periodic business unit OHSE performance reports.
- Manage safety related training programmes, ensure the accurate recording of safety related training
- Assist in the identification of OHSE training needs for employees across the organisation.
- Develop competence for Front Line Manager in carrying out investigations and assist others to investigate incidents / accidents.
- Ensure the effective management of corrective actions, reporting internally and externally if required.
- Manage Safety Council and Safety Committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain a regime of workplace assessments including office DSE assessments for all staff.
- In depth knowledge of the International Plant Protection Convention requirements
- Certified EMS training essential
- Certified H&S training (NEBOSH trained) essential
- Certified H&S training (NEBOSH diploma) desirable
- Certified ISO internal auditor essential
- Certified ISO Lead auditor desirable
- Knowledge of the manufacturing environment desirable
0161 485 8888