NEW VACANCY! (PK6815)
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
£ Open (Depending on Experience) + Benefits Package
Our client is a large manufacturer specialising in flexible packaging. They are currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager to be responsible for all compliance within multi-site manufacturing facilities. To promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the company so that it can meet its legal requirements in terms of Health, Safety and Compliance.
The role will be based in the East Midlands and will involve travel to other UK locations.
- Monitor multi-sites' compliance with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures and formally advise managers on areas of non-compliance.
- Responsible for the programme of internal monitoring, risk assesments and audit of all Health, Safety and Compliance obligations within the company, providing associated compliance reports.
- Identify opportunities for continuous safety improvement within the company and assist the Directors and Senior Management Team in their implementation.
- Establish procedures associated with health and safety training needs for Facilities Division and maintain records of training undertaken.
- Ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported and investigated in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Lead in creating and maintaining a climate in which individuals feel safety has high value and that they are clear about responsibilities, safety aims and objectives.
- NEBOSH Certification is essential
- IOSH and BRC Compliance knowledge is preferred
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent Organisational & Communication Skills
- Effective Problem-solving
- Assessment & Interpretation
- Critical Thinking Ability
- Strong People Skills
- Up-to-date Knowledge of Business technology and IT
- Sound Understanding of Regulatory Guidelines and Security Policies