A leading company which has redefined the world of packaging with its cutting-edge products is on the search for a NEBOSH certified HSER Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or high-risk environment.
As HSER Manager, you will support all levels of Management to implement the necessary activities and actions to develop the HSER culture of multiple sites whilst meeting legal requirements as a minimum. The role will manage and develop the Health, Safety and Environmental function of the business to ensure that it has the right skills, processes, materials, information and procedures to consistently meet; legislative requirements, customers’ requirements, and the standards established by formal management systems (e.g.ISO 14001/ISO 50001/ISO 40001).
This managerial role will require someone with excellent persuasion skills, an ability to communicate at all levels and a strong aptitude for driving change in a challenging environment. These leadership skills must include competent training abilities.
- Drive a safety improvement culture, ensuring that all employees are engaged and participative in this process.
- Build relationships at all levels of the organisation and coach and advise all employees on the behaviours and actions necessary for a strong safety culture within the organisation.
- Support the site leadership team in developing the annual HSE Plan and ensuring that objectives and targets are monitored monthly.
- Deliver technical HSER training, informing all levels or the organisation of their HSER roles and responsibilities, and developing the competency of the organisation to deliver.
- Support and coach all levels of the organisation in delivering the HSER objectives and targets.
- Monitor and report HSER key performance indicators.
- Act as the Management Representative for the HSER management systems providing the site leadership team with overview of the health of the system and key actions needed for improvement and compliance.
- Manage the internal and external audit schedule for the sites management systems, involving competent members or the organisation in the process.
- Lead the completion and maintenance of technical risk assessment such as PUWER and COSHH.
- Act as the point of contact for HSER communications with external organisations such as regulators and insurers.
Education, Certifications & Competencies
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Membership with a relevant professional body (e.g. IOSH, IEMA)
- Expectations for Continuous Development and Training Opportunities
- IEMA certificate
- Problem solving techniques
- Hazard Risk Analysis
- Familiar with legislation and legislative framework
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.
Basic £45-£55k + car + benefits