NEW VACANCY! (PK6386)
Injection Moulding machine Setter SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
£25-30K Based on experience + 22 days holiday + overtime + pension
Double day shifts
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of plastic containers, serving a worldwide client base. They have all the relevant accreditations including ISO9002, HACCP Standard Production of Packaging Production for Food, IQNET and BRC.
The company have an opening for an experienced Injection Mould Setter / Operator. Primarily responsible for preparation, setting and running of jobs in the injection mould department. To achieve required quality standards within production target timescales. To ensure that Health and Safety and housekeeping standards are maintained and adhered to.
This position has no direct or indirect reports and will be required to work alongside the existing team of technicians.
- Follow Health and Safety regulations
- Prepare, Set and run jobs in the injection department in line with costed cycle times and quality requirements - following the paperwork for the process.
- To be aware of tool change times and provide solutions for improvement of this.
- Complete and update necessary paperwork
- Ensure staff are trained accordingly in all aspects.
- Liaise with shop floor manager, tool room staff and despatch dept regarding any problems with running jobs effectively immediately.
- Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
- Read specifications, blueprints, and work orders to determine setups, temperatures, and time settings required to mould plastic materials, as well as to plan production sequences.
- Remove parts such as tools from machines after production runs are finished and ensure total clean down of run is completed.
- Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
- Repair or replace damaged moulds, pipes, belts, chains, or other equipment, using hand tools, hand-powered presses, or jib cranes.
- Obtain and move specified tools to workstations using appropriate equipment
- Connect water hoses to cooling systems of dies, using hand tools.
- Maintain inventories of materials.
- Ability to work in a team
- Engineering background
- Injection moulding setting experience
- Ability to understand and deliver quality criteria
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation requirements
- Ability to trouble shoot
- BIT NVQ 2
- Knowledge of Demag machinery
- Lean Manufacturing experience