NEW VACANCY! (PK6264)
JUNIOR CAD STRUCTURAL DESIGNER
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate
Our client is a well-established pacakging manufacturer based in the East Midlands, supplying into food, cosmetic, horticultural, and distillery markets throughout the UK.
They are currently looking to recruit a Junior Structural Designer to join their team. This a great opportunity to advance your career with a well-established and successful business and deliver structural designs to the highest possible standard from creative concept through to prototype and delivery.
The Junior CAD Designer will be responsible for assisting in developing intuitive, creative, and cost effective packaging solutions. They will be responsible for day to day sample making and meeting customer requirements and deadlines for the samples and mock-ups. You will ideally have a years packaging design / sample making experience however this is not essential and will be reporting directly to the Sales Director.
Key Responsibilities / Requirements:
- To ensure All QMS records are completed accurately and in full.
- To complete and maintain high housekeeping standards within the area.
- To comply with the company's Quality Management Systems and Health & Safety procedures.
- Assisting Senior Designers in the Creation of and innovation of new packaging designs from client brief.
- General sample making day to day of the studio
- Ensuring customer requirement regarding samples is met
- Ensuring all samples are dispatched to the correct client using the most appropriate method of courier.
- CAD cutting mock ups that have been proofed / printed.
- Handling blanket / trace / patch sheet output for the Studio
- Keeping a good clean environment in the studio
- Ordering of general consumables for the studio
- Continual improvement of processes
- Delivering creative and cost effective bespoke packaging solutions for large blue chip clients
- Interacting with sales personnel and client to ensure needs are met and the design of appropriate packaging solution is achieved
- Creation of and innovation of new packaging designs from client brief
- Generating layouts for production process and estimating
- Knowledge of additional software packages advantageous, i.e Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create and design accurate, detailed design drawings
£Negotiable for the right candidate
0161 486 3104