JUNIOR / GRADUATE CAD, PREPRESS AND CTP OPERATIVE
£OPEN (Dependent On Experience) + 34 Days Holiday
Hours Of Work - 8:30am - 5:30pm (Potential Flexibility on this)
Our Client is a well invested independent print & folding carton manufacturer. In house they have state-of-the-art printing presses, the latest folding technology and a range of finishing equipment. Supplying clients in the confectionary, food, cosmetics, healthcare & pharma to pet care markets.
They are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic CAD, Prepess and CRP Operative to join their team. The client works in a fast paced and ever changing environment, but with an experienced, friendly and forward thinking team. An air of creativity and innovative design flair will always be welcome.
Experience of working in litho print and carton production would be an advantage, however training will be given in all necessary tasks.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Liaising with new and existing customers and understanding their carton construction requirements.
- Producing mock up samples for trial and approval.
- Ordering the die tooling and producing the necessary files and elements for the production process.
- Imposing artworks for plate production and printing.
- Working with the production teams to ensure all print work is ready according to the planning schedule.
- Designing carton construction with Impact CAD Software
- Producing Finished Customer ready mock up samples
- Designing and ordering press ready tooling
- Liaising with customers
- Taking enquiry briefs
- Competent user of Adobe applications
- Good understanding of lithographic printing
- Liaising with production staff on the production process
- Designing pallet specifications
- Producing Printing Blankets
- Familiar with Computer to Plate production
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- The ability to work as a team
- Innovative design thought process
- Good communication Skills
- An understanding of Board material properties
- Problems solving skills
- Creative Flair
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
Technical Equipment Used by the company:
- Mac and Windows workstations.
- Heidelberg and Fujifilm workflows.
- Screen plate setter.
- Inkjet proofing and coating blanket production facilities.
- Impact CAD software with Zund cutting table with Grafitronics.
- Esko palette specification tool.