NEW VACANCIES! (PK6717)
Graduate Designer Role - CAD
Our client is a global manufacturer of corrugated packaging products, they are currently looking to recruit a Junior Packaging Technologist to join their team
The Junior Packaging Technologist will join the new product development team and will play a vital part of the company's strategy and will assist in the development of products, sampling and improving manufacturing processes as well as supporting the customers and sales team with technical advice on packaging issues and development.
OUR CLIENT WILL LOOK AT CANDIDATES STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY
- Packaging development - producing and testing innovative packaging concepts and providing customers solutions to their packaging needs within strict deadlines
- Creating a both large and small batches of plotted CAD samples as an when required to meet customers' requirements
- Packing and dispatch of samples and sample kits
- Full co-ordination and communication with couriers, solving any dispatch or delivery issues
- Product testing, ensuring concepts provide an effective solution to our customers' demands
- Designing and ordering tooling with key considerations of manufacturing efficiencies and print
- Ensuring product development process is fully documented through in-house systems.
- Assisting with testing and product trials on new prototyping equipment or machinery.
- Regular liaison with production team leaders to ensure machine efficiencies
- Research and development of new sustainable materials, innovative machine processes and packaging concepts
- Use of creative software including CAD system and Adobe package
- Pallet builds & box quantities using CapePak Software
- Creating machine parts on 3D printer using Autodesk fusion 360 + Cura software
- Following a project through from concept development to product sign off
- Responsible for working in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring machinery is well maintained
- Responsible for the regular stock control of materials
Desired Skills And Qualities:
- A good understanding of packaging types and development processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate in person and via network systems
- Computer Literate on PC systems
- Ability to use CAD and Design software would be an advantage but not essential
- Passionate about product development and sustainability
- Ability to work as part of a team, where all members 'muck-in and get their hands dirty'
- Enthusiastic and can use their initiative
- Reliable with good organisation skills and excellent time management
- Innovative thinker with ambition to learn and develop new skills