The junior Product Manager is part of the marketing & product team & will develop and implement product/brand strategies to deliver the division’s overall objectives and strategies. They perform the full scope of strategic planning, market research, product development and category and product management. Key to this role is artwork/origination specifications, redesign project management & candidates must have some knowledge /experience.
Main responsibilities & key tasks
- To assist and support the European Division Business with all tasks relating to the marketing of retail brands with specific focus on UK and Ireland.
- To support the Key Account Managers, managing the clients from a product and marketing perspective.
- Work cross functionally with other company departments needed to leverage our expertise and provide client with intelligence, know-how and support.
Develop and demonstrate a clear understanding of consumer attitudes, behaviours, wants and needs and how these needs reflect in terms of choice of retailers, brands and products. Identify how our product portfolio can fulfill consumer needs and strengthen retailer’s brand, and recommend action plans.
Work closely with the category manager, to analyze the market using generalist market data, distributor and consumer panels (Nielsen, Kantar, etc), qualitative and quantitative ad hoc research (consumer / shopper research, focus groups, panel tests etc.) as well as retailer’s EPOS sales data to develop clear understanding of market dynamics, unveil insights and spot opportunities and weaknesses.
To work closely with the team, to draw up robust plans to leverage insights, tackle weaknesses and take advantage of opportunities in a manner which will benefit the consumer, the client and the business simultaneously
Planning tactically for a product or a range of products with the customer, including concept presentations to customers.
To support the Retailer with Retail Brand Management expertise, including NPD and packaging design ideas
Support customers with the entire product life cycle to launch the right product on time.
Implementation of product specification changes and new product launches. Using the systems and processes to communicate and cooperate with other departments both internally and externally.
Manage and process all packaging developments with all internal and external stakeholders
Interface with the Technical Team to ensure compliance and to be able to provide product expertise to the retailer when necessary
Minimum of 1 years experience in FMCG & must have some packaging project management experience/knowledge - artwork origination, specifications, redesign
Experience in fmcg & personal care markets
- Experience in the private label & brand management would be an advantage
Job specific competencies
- Good level of business acumen & commercially aware of the decisions taken and the impact they could have
- Language: Fluent English (additional languages would be a distinct advantage, especially German, French or Spanish)
- Organised and structured
- Interest in FMCG
- Strong interpersonal & good communication skills
- People skills , good team member
- Diplomacy – be able to handle apparent conflicting interests
- Influencing skills – will need to manage people and get buy in without direct authority
- Analytical ability – PC literate and able to crunch numbers
- Able to handle Business Strategy, to understand the “bigger picture” and be able to implement winning action plans.