NEW VACANCY! (PK7413)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Salary Circa £38K + Company Car + Bonus potential = 26% of salary , entry to bonus scheme is following completion of successful probation period (6 months)
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of corrugated packaging for FMCG markets, particularly in Beverage, Food and Confectionary.
They are currently looking to recruit an Account Manager who is enthusiastic, focused and driven to join their External Sales Team. You will be reporting into the Field Sales Manager as this role will involve working with existing customers and equally as important, gaining new business from new customers in qualified market sectors that fit the business needs.
You will be selling integrated plants in Scotland and work closely with internal colleagues in sales, design, planning, logistics and production to ensure maximum operational efficiency and deliver the best possible customer service to meet and exceed your own and the company's sales and margin targets.
This role is average 50/50 new business and managing existing account value circa £4M, depending on the business needs. The ideal candidate will have packaging experience and knowledge of the Scottish Packaging Market would be a benefit.
- Understanding the requirements and identifying appropriate packaging solutions
- Excellent relationship building skills
- The capability to manage and develop existing accounts in line with the company's sales strategy and in line with a specific Account Plan
- Maintain, develop and grow profit & volume within all accounts in line with predetermined plan
- Provide technical and quality advice in line with customers requirements
- The ability to cross sell and provide business solutions to satisfy customer requirements, ensuring expectations are met and exceeded in all aspects
- The desire to generate new business opportunities through targeting and identifying specific market areas that complement and are aligned to the business strategy with the ability to close a sale
- Tenacious , positive "can do" attitude
- Structured sales approach with the ability to work with a team and autonomously
- Highly motivated with a desire to succeed
- Numerate and commercially astute
- Organised and professional in attitude, conduct and appearance
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A background in packaging or experience of selling into the spirits, food and drinks sectors would be useful
- PC Literate and competent in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint