NEW VACANCY! (PK6345)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER -FOOD, DRINK & PHARMA PACKAGING
Salary up to £50K dependent on experience + Bonus up to 10% + Pension matched to 5% + Company Car
Our Client is a well-established, innovative and successful designer of packaging for major brands in a variety of market sectors in the UK and Overseas.
Currently recruiting for a home-based Key Account Manager to cover a portfolio of significant key clients in the North of England from Nottingham upwards. The role is 100% account management of existing accounts for business retention and organic growth.
The ideal candidate will be from a bottles, jars, caps, closures or associated packaging background, although this is not essential. You must have experience selling into the food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets.
You will be a team player, preferably with some business qualifications and formal sales training. There are realistic progression opportunities within the next 5 years for the successful candidate.
- Effective Management of existing Accounts (Looking at all areas to maximise business opportunities and increase B2B efficiencies)
- Quotations for new business, with margins in line with business strategy
- Actively follow up and progress quotations for new business.
- Business retention and organic growth within existing accounts.
- Regular visits and contact with all Key Personnel with account across all departments
- Regular updates on Key Account Plans and SWOT analysis within a set time frame
- Route planning to maximise time efficiency
- Formal Business reviews ensuring we are performing on all aspects of supply, recording of output for ISO requirements within a set time frame.
- Identify and target any business within accounts not already supplied
- Identify potential items which could be outsourced if outside current capability
- Work closely with Sales Executive across all areas to ensure high level of customer service by regular phone / face to face updates.
- Price negotiations and Contract Renewals to reflect the business strategy
- Work with BDM to target and develop new business opportunities in the Sales area
- Keep sales forecast accurate and up to date
- Keep CRM system up to date with information (eg. correspondence, activity tracker on all new projects)
- Monthly visibility on the factory floor
- At least 5 years commercial experience in a similar role
- Good negotiation skills
- Experience of dealing with customers, in a fast-paced sales environment
- General business 'working' knowledge
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication (telephone) and written skills
- Negotiation skills/Confidence/listening skills/problem solving skills/interpersonal
- Ideally Business qualifications