NEW VACANCY! (PK7327)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - PACKAGING CLOSURES
HOMEBASED - SCOTLAND
£DOE depending on experience + Company Car + Healthcare + Pension + Other Benefits TBD
Our client is an independently owned business providing high quality packaging solutions to the UK alcoholic drinks industry. A position has arisen for a Scotland based Key Account Manager with a proven track record in premium drinks or premium foods sector.
The Role: To enable the Company to build & maintain strong stable and long-lasting relationships of value with Customers, by understanding their needs and how to best serve them. Working collaboratively with the National Key Account Manager and colleagues to develop a strategic growth plan, which recognises Customer and Market trends, and seeks to protects and serve Customers and their brands.
The candidate will deliver this by owning and achieving / exceeding their annual sales and retention targets within the assigned territories of Scotland, across the Beers, Wine and Spirits sectors.
You will be required to travel internationally and overseas, and you must hold a valid driving licence.
- Provide value to the Business' ambitions for growth
- Main point of contact for their Key Customers within the assigned territory
- Significant face-to-face contact will be required with Customers and supply chain partners
- Be a credible advocate for the Company with the Customers and supply chain partners
- The post holder will be a source of advice and recommendations for standard and for bespoke products and will work collaboratively with colleagues to access their expertise as and when required.
- Be responsible for providing the Company with detailed market, customer and supply chain intelligence, covering demand and requirements, pricing plans and competitor activity and pricing.
- The need to understand Customer production data and translate that into future order projections and feed into strategic planning and day to day materials planning to ensure continuity of supply.
- Frequent, day to day communications, both written and spoken.
- Based from home with visits to Customers and Company offices.
- Occasional requirement to visit supply chain partner organisations in Europe.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Excellent collaborative working skills
- Commercially aware, and is able to understand the strategic impact on decisions made
- Good knowledge of the FMCG manufacturing industry, preferably within food and drink and packaging sectors
- Good knowledge of product development process, including lead times
- Numerically literate
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, including presentation
- Strong Customer focus
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Project Management skills, especially working to deadlines within existing lead times
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Office suite products
- Provide value to the Business' ambitions for growth and sustainability
- Strategic direction of customers within the territory
- Main point of contact for Key Customers within the assigned territory
- Be a credible advocate for the company with the customers and the companys supply chain partners
- Failure to respond to Customer queries or issues could have significant negative impacts for the Company and may lead to reputational damage for the Company