NEW VACANCY! (PK6348)
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - PREMIUM DRINKS PACKAGING
NORTHERN ENGLAND / SCOTLAND
Up to £50K + Commission + 5% Pension + Company Car / Allowance + 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Our Client is a Global Packaging Group operating with their primary markets in the UK within the Food, Wines, Spirits and Beverage sectors. Due to continued growth and investment they now require an additional Salesperson in the North of England or Scotland to focus on major account management and development of sales in the Premium Drinks Packaging sector in the area.
The main focus of this role will be Account Management, looking after a number of high-level customers in the north of England and Scotland. In addition to these, there will be some more local customers to manage and develop into a larger value accounts.
We are looking for people with a proven track record within the spirits packaging sector who have confidence in their capabilities to deliver a range of highly innovative high-end packaging designed to catch the attention of both consumers and retailers.
- Identify and develop designated accounts/ targets to increase profitability and sales revenue
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
Strong account management and relationship building skills with practical experience managing food and drinks packers, fillers, bottlers and liaising at a variety of levels will be crucial in this role.
- Minimum five years' successful business to business sales
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Key Accounts
- Degree level education, preferably in a commercial subject
- Proven understanding of key account management procedures and practices including forecasting
- Demonstrable P&L management experience
- Systems skills e.g. MS Office, SAP