NEW VACANCY! (PK6967)
LAMINATION SUPPORT (2nd) OPERATOR
Hours: 3 shifts, 5 days a week (6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / 10pm - 6am)
Our client is expanding its portfolio in Europe and has an exciting opportunity for a Lamination Support Operator to join their global production / manufacturing company at their UK facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager the successful candidate will need to have a continuous improvement mindset and a focus on health & safety.
The Support Operator is responsible for supporting goals of the plant in efficient operation of Coating, Laminating and Cutting lines to specification ensuring consistent quality. This is a skilled position requiring good mechanical aptitude, great teamwork skills and an element of manual handling. Candidates should have solid manufacturing / process environment experience, strong communication skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow and learn with a career focus
The following skills and experience are ideally required:
- Follow all standard safety guidelines
- Support Lead Operator in set up/adjustments of Coating, Lamination and Die Cutting lines to meet specifications
- Monitor product and computerised equipment for quality during job runs.
- Check precision of detail against specifications.
- Take action to correct any problems
- Produce finished jobs maintaining optimum production rate, colour density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines
- Manual handling and packing of finished goods
- Comply with all company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines
- Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by following good housekeeping practice
- Exhibit safety-first attitude from proper PPE compliance to maintaining an environmentally safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards required
- 2 years' experience in machine operation or finishing/ packing in manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to change
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and quality conscious
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Responsible for working required overtime