NEW VACANCY! (PK7256)
Salary £30-35K (Can be more for perfect experience)
Hours: 3 rotating shifts, Monday tp Friday (6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / 10pm - 6am)
Our client has brand new coating lamination & die cutting lines being installed at their UK facility. Due to increased capacity they now require a Laminator Operator to work as lead operator on this new line, with the support of a 2nd Operator. Reporting to the Plant Manager the successful candidate will need to have a continuous improvement mindset and a focus on health & safety.
- Safety Awareness and correct use of PPE.
- Trained on all aspects of running the coater, mixing equipment and QA testing apparatus.
- Material identification and interpreting processing documentation.
- Loading and unloading materials safely to and from the machine
- Machine setting using the details contained within the work instructions for each job.
- Give 100% inspection for defects while running.
- Basic mix handling, required to prepare mixes for the coater.
- Accurate data input into our ERP systems
- Maintain stock levels all consumables at the coater.
- Ensure any mix preparation such as pre stirring and viscosity before coating is done by one of the Team members.
- Producing High Quality Products to the highest possible standard as per Job Specifications, while working within a Team where continuous improvements in Quality and Efficiency are the norm, Satisfying the Customer while working in a safe manner are the main goals.
- Continual learning all aspects of the process including, reading job cards, and loading the materials onto the machine, updating the computer system and inspection the quality of the product while running.
- To test sample product off the machine for Quality Assurance, performing various tests on various products in accordance with the product specifications, and reporting back to the coating operators all relevant test results, also recording and filing all test results as per specification.
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is desired
- A record of achieving targets set including quality, waste and efficiency
- Good attention to detail and naturally follows processes and procedures exactly
- Able to demonstrate making continuous improvement in similar roles, preferably within a Company considered to be best in class
- Knowledge of implementing problem solving techniques / quality tools
- Team player who has a flexible approach within the team
- Demonstrates good standards of housekeeping and work area disciplines
- Computer literate and able to transact data accurately