NEW VACANCY (PK6898)
LITHO PRINTER X 2 - CARTONS
£competitive subject to skill & experience + 27 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Free Onsite Parking + Overtime Available
SHIFTS: Double Day Shift: 6-2 / 2-10
Our Client is a successful entrepreneurial company established for over eight decades, growing consistently with further growth targets The company produces high-quality printed carton board packaging as well as several niche packaging solutions for world recognised brands, through to SME's and start-ups. They are successfully growing existing accounts and expanding its portfolio of clients to achieve further growth.
They are now looking to recruit 2 Litho Printers to join their team. You will be responsible for the output of high-quality production involving complex processes, requiring speed and operational efficiency, colour management, quality inspection and thorough ongoing machine maintenance. They are seeking committed candidates who will settle for nothing less than excellence in their day-to-day performance to meet the needs of demanding loyal clients.
This is a huge opportunity to be part of a progressive company with a tight-knit positive team culture.
- Printing on Komori LS29 5-Colour + IR Coater
- Colour management and quality inspection
- Achieving target run speeds and maintaining departmental performance
- Wash-ups, cleaning and maintenance (some assisted / some unassisted)
- Control of inks and press consumables
- Adopting the company's production IT systems
- Shared responsibility for the print department, reporting to the Production Manager and Managing Director
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience running Komori or similar litho presses
- Experience in folding carton production or similar desirable
- Experience with IR inks & coating systems desirable
- Experience with UV inks & coating systems desirable
- High levels of energy to keep pace with ongoing production demand
- Willingness to undertake overtime when required
- Mechanical aptitude to maintain machines & address breakdowns
- An interest in the printing and packaging industry
- A genuine willingness to assist in all areas necessary
- Able to work well under pressure
- Good IT, written & verbal communication skills
- Interest in new technologies
- A positive attitude toward meeting challenges & a strong work ethic
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- An interest in progressing with the Company
- Willing to bring ideas to the team and do whatever it takes in a fast-paced environment.