NEW VACANCY! (PK6643)
WEST MIDLANDS - (Please contact me for further location details)
Genuinely Open Depending on Experience / Skill Set + Pension + 28 Days Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (Currently working 6am - 5pm paid overtime rate) + Saturday Morning
Our client is a heavy duty corrugated packaging manufacturer and supplier of packaging materials based in the West Midlands. They are currently looking to recruit a Machine Operator to join their expanding production team, offering the opportunity to join a thriving growing business.
The company are looking for a team orientated person who is organised in the workplace, a knowledge of lean manufacturing and team leading within manufacturing would also be of a great benefit .
They are looking in the future to possibly go to an afternoon shift and would be looking for driven leaders who would take this opportunity and run with it once the training was completed, they are happy to invest in the right people in terms of time and training and are not looking for short term solutions.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe and serviceable condition
- Enforce and promote safety and housekeeping in your area of work
- Make sure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
- Ability to prioritise, organise and allocate work accordingly
- Carry out quality control checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
- Machine set up between different jobs and ensure set time targets are met
- Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine
- Actively promote increases in machine efficiency to achieve budgeted targets of production uptime, speed and waste
- Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
- Complete all paperwork to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
- To report safety and hazard faults to ensure all work is carried out safely
- Ensure a rapid response to machine failures and breakdowns and inform relevant departments (planning and despatch
- Ensure cleaning schedules are kept up to date (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checks)