NEW VACANCY (PK6622)
MACHINE SETTER / OPERATOR
SHIFTS - 5:00am To 3:30pm
12:30pm To 11:00pm
This is for someone on a 50hour contract. For main machines the client prefers the 50 hour contract as the teams work together throughout and earn more that way.
£OPEN DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is a leading cardboard box manufacturer based in the South of England they specialise in the design, manufacture, storage, and distribution of a wide range of high-quality corrugated packaging products and packaging consumables.
They are now looking for a Machine Operator to join their team you will be responsible for setting and operating corrugated packaging machinery
Role / Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the manufacturing team, initially in training as necessary, to set, operate and monitor high specification production machinery in a fast-paced factory environment.
- Working with, and operating, machinery and processing equipment to required quality procedures, ensuring production schedules and customer expectations are met at all times.
- Complying with Company Health and Safety rules and procedures to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Maintaining plant and equipment in good order and report any defects for corrective action.
- Following systems and standard operating procedures to ensure a high standard of housekeeping, hygiene and cleanliness on the shop floor.
- Completing all relevant process documentation.
- Looking at process improvements to operate more efficiently to increase productivity and reduce waste.
- Assist in training and development of colleagues on machines.
Previous machine setting and operating experience in the corrugated packaging industry with one or more of the following specific skills:
- Case making
- Flexographic printing
- Die cutting (either flatbed or rotary)
- Multi point gluing
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of automated technology and a technical / engineering background would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly motivated with excellent time management, be willing to train, and be physically fit (as the position involves some manual handling).
- Able to work independently as necessary, and to prioritise tasks in a fast moving environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with a good command of the English language.
- Attention to detail - accurate and methodical in work, and will see the job through.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- Schedule Adherence.
- OTIF delivery performance.
- Production throughput / efficiency - both for individuals and machines.