NEW VACANCY! (PK6362)
MIDLANDS (please contact me for further location details)
Up To £34K - £36K + 25 Days Holidays + Pension + Share Scheme
Shift Pattern Example -
Week 1: Monday & Tuesday 6:00am - 6:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday Day Off, Friday 6:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 6:00am To 2:00pm
Week 2: Monday & Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - 6am-6pm, Thursday - 6am-6pm, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Off
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer, specialising in supplying heavy duty corrugated to a variety of markets including automotive, chemical, engineering, retail and food.
They are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join their team. You will safely carry out maintenance, process improvement and capital project activities in order to minimise equipment breakdown delay and maximise process capability / production output.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for ensuring any tasks carried out by yourself are completed to best possible methods and in accordance with current regulations and company policy on Health and Safety, Quality, Hygiene, Housekeeping delivery and Cost.
Ideally you will be from a packaging background, be a good team player, and happy to work shifts.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Using your electrical and mechanical skills to resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production
- Completing PMI routines when scheduled to do so
- Using SAP for all planned and breakdown maintenance activity logging and stores control
- Enhancing the engineering contribution to the manufacturing facility by improving machine reliability in such a way as to deliver good quality product at optimum running speeds
- Continually modifying PMI routines via SAP to deliver continued improvements in machine uptime, reliability and efficiency
- Being influential in the development of a culture in which departmental employees take ownership of the responsibility for machine performance
- In this new environment engineering employees will work more closely with process teams
- Taking a proactive approach to SHE, 5s and housekeeping in all aspects of your role
- Taking an active part in boiler house management under BGO1
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Apprentice trained
- Multi-skilled ideally looking for 50 / 50 mechanical / electrical
- Sound engineering experience working in a maintenance environment
- Experience of maintenance management systems preferably SAP
- Computer literate to a high degree and well versed in Excel and Word
- Demonstrate good fault finding and problem solving skills
- Experience with autonomous maintenance practices
- Show the ability to work well within team and able to work on own
- Demonstrate good fault finding skills and knowledge
This is an excellent role for someone looking to grow and progress within the company