Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper‐based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market‐leading innovations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager. Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for driving forward, managing and improving all maintenance aspects of the Whitehaven business.
- Drive the achievement of efficient performance of the maintenance department through line management and personal activity
- Develop and manage the preventative maintenance system and support budget adherence to provide machine reliability
- Lead the team and manage according to the Smurfit Kappa Open Leadership standards, fostering a high performance culture
- Contribute ideas/vision to enhance the efficiency of the business including advising Senior Management on production requirements and potential capital investment.
- Support the plan of work load and set priorities for maintenance and contract personnel
- Ensure a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is enforced
- Maintain housekeeping standards of the highest level
- Ensure excellent maintenance relations and efficient supplier relationships
- Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets are achieved
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Significant engineering experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Apprenticeship trained/HNC qualification in an electrical discipline
- Ability to be both hands on and a leader at the same time.
- Can be “tough-minded” when required and carries sufficient credibility and gravitas when dealing with business
- Demonstrates empathy and patience when appropriate
- Can manage budgets within cost parameters
- Demonstrates key understanding of manufacturing needs in relation to efficiencies, quality and budgets
- Effective and positive communicator
- Must have good analytical skills with experience of sound decision making, personally and recommending action to senior management
- Must be an effective “self starter”
- Demonstrated experience of change management.
In return there is a highly competitive salary on offer plus usual benefits.
Please apply now via our dedicated application portal.