NEW VACANCY! (PK6782)
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - PACKAGING MACHINERY
£Dependent on Experience + 24 Days Holiday
Our Client is a packaging machinery company based in Lancashire, they are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Development of the design of a packaging machine that uses new packaging technology.
- Production of detailed drawings for manufacture.
- Production of 3D models and layout drawings for customers.
- Design of bespoke materials handling machinery and conveyor systems.
- Liaison with system controls Engineer to integrate electrical components in the design, these will include Inverter drives, servo drives, PLC´s, HMI´s, and motion controllers.
- Specification of mechanical components to ensure they meet given requirements.
- Production of machinery documentation including the bill of materials, critical spares list, and support documents.
- Management of machine records, machinery certification, equipment serial numbers etc.
- Mechanical integration of machinery and conveyors into existing lines to support production.
- Liaison with 3rd party suppliers.
- Providing technical support for Field Service Engineers and customers.
- A self-reliant, self-disciplined individual with drive, adaptability, creativity, problem solving and decision-making capabilities, capable of delivering against key performance objectives, ideally gained in the Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing sectors.
- Proficient in Inventor.
- Having NX Mechatronics capability would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge in a packaging machinery environment.
- Good understanding of rotary machinery and pneumatic components.
- Must have great attention to detail, focused on making sure designs are right for manufacture.
- Should have advanced PC literacy skills, a good knowledge of MS Office suite is essentialCustomer focused, used to working at pace and a flexible and adaptable approach commensurate with the demands of a small, but growing business
- Has a willingness to expand current skill set.
- Predominantly factory based but expected to support new system installations as and when required.
Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- A proven track record of achievement in a manufacturing design environment.
- At least 3 years' experience in a design role and the production of machinery drawings, preferably gained in a capital machinery, materials handling or conveyor systems environment.
- Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred, a minimum of a HNC/D Level in a
- Mechanical Engineering discipline is required.
- Experienced in the demands of the food manufacturing industry would be an advantage.