NEW VACANCY! (PK7234)
MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER - FMCG MANUFACTURING
Salary: Depending upon experience, initial starting rate £17ph, moving to £17 or £18.10 (£39,530) when on 24/7 shift pattern. Paid weekly (monthly option available if preferred), based on hours worked from Sunday to Saturday and is usually 48 or 36 hours per week. Overtime paid at 1.25
Shifts: Following induction will move to the Panama pattern - the hours of work being 7am-7pm days and 7pm -7am nights.
Holidays: 24 days inclusive of bank holidays (this year 25 due to extra BH), this will be pro-rata dependent upon start date.
Benefits: After 3 months - Auto-enrolment Royal London Pension (currently 5% employee & 3% employer)
After 6 months - Health plan covering dental, optical, physio and counselling services
After 6 months - Life Assurance 1 x Basic salary
Our client is a well-established medium sized manufacturing company with sites based in the North of England. They are the largest independent company in their field and have a growing product base which is supplied to various retailers throughout the UK.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Engineer (70% Mechanical, 30% Electrical) to join in the North East and will be based at their County Durham site The role requires a candidate who can work a 24/7 shift pattern following a minimum of 2-week induction period.
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager, duties will include:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report in a comprehensive manner, all work activities carried out on a daily/shift basis
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel
- Provide a service that meets food packaging standards, whilst maintaining standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as possible ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual's skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front-line operations remains effective and efficient
- Train others if required so that they can carry out their expected work duties to the required standards
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions using problem-solving skills, tools and techniques
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the workload for the overall benefit of the site performance
- Must be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI's to maximise business performance.
The successful candidate will be:
- Time-served with Mechanical or electrical bias to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), educated to HNC standard (or equivalent) would be given priority.
- Post apprenticeship, preferably in a high-speed, high-volume manufacturing environment
- A proven practitioner of preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Must have proven ability in diagnostic fault finding under pressure of production
- Experience in PLC Control systems, and PLC fault finding experience in servo drivers and RS Networks (including Ethernet, DeviceNet communications) would be beneficial
- Many day-to-day activities are mechanical, but some electrical experience and background is essential
- Familiarity with the use of PC equipment is essential
- Proven experience of working with the AB PowerFlex range of AC Inverters
- Familiar with TPM principles including 5S.
- Use of computerised maintenance management systems would be an advantage but not essential
- Responsible for the maintenance of all the site
- If electrical bias, 18th Edition certification for electrical work would be advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of team