NEW VACANCY (PK6648)
MULTI SKILLED MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Hours of Working: Double Days - 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm
Circa £35K (Negotiable Depending on Experience) + Overtime
Our client is a leading corrugated packaging manufacturer, supplying to a variety of markets throughout the UK,they have made vast investment into the business over the past few years and have experienced significant growth and increase in workload. They are now looking to expand as a company and doing a major recruitment drive.
They are now looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team, as a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for making sure machinery and equipment runs smoothly. You will work in manufacturing as well as facilities maintenance. You will work to ensure the equipment / assets are kept in the optimum running condition, however your work will be both preventative, predictive or breakdown maintenance. You will be required to record all maintenance activity on the company CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System)
As a maintenance Engineer, you will effectively service and repair the machinery equipment and assets. You will be required to work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems.
- Respond immediately to machinery breakdowns, with the aim to get the equipment up and running is the quickest time possible, ensure Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements are met.
- Ensure all maintenance activity is recorded through the CMMS
- Organising and undertaking routine checks of equipment, as well as carrying out quality inspections, analysing the efficiency of current procedures and suggesting improvements to better them.
- Devising effective maintenance methods and strategies, Identifying and investigating faults, Repairing equipment, Upgrading and modifying systems, Monitoring the performance of machinery and systems.
- Acquiring new, specialist components, fitting and calibrating new parts and systems, including overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule, ensuring all systems comply with the latest health and safety legislation, Liaising with colleagues as well as clients and customers.
- Takes action to address issues and provide support as required.
- Perform maintenance checks at regular intervals and acts preventively to avoid situations from arising that may compromise the proper functioning of machinery and equipment, e.g. replacing worn components, lubricating gears, motors, pumps and mechanical moving parts, changing out dull tools, calibrating instruments and replacing filters, gears, valves, tubes and cables.
- The maintenance tasks performed by the Maintenance Engineer are divided into two types: time-based maintenance (also known as planned, scheduled, preventive or routine maintenance) and unplanned maintenance (also called unscheduled, corrective, reactive or breakdown maintenance).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledge of Bobst, LMC and other cardboard manufacturing equipment an advantage
- Technical /process skills are essential
- Knowledge of Automated Conveyor Systems
- IOSHH an advantage.
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering an advantage
- Safety and environmentally conscious
- Clear effective communicator verbally and across cultures
- Knowledge and experience in the cardboard industry an advantage
- Taking independent action that goes beyond simply responding to the obvious needs of the business
- Taking independent action to identify, recommend and implement initiatives to support the business
- Setting specific delivery goals
- Consistently meets agreed targets with internal and external customers
- Effectively plans your time to achieve goals
- Can seamlessly adapt actions plans and behaviours to meet the needs of individuals at all levels
- Can adjust strategy and action plans to meet the changes of business conditions
- Work the hours needed to cover and manage the shifts
- Can discuss and negotiate with others to achieve a 'win win' situation
- Skilled communicator that, can practice open and honest communication, whilst maintaining an effective relationship
- Continuously acts with the customer in mind, by demonstrating knowledge of the business through tailoring activities to meet both Internal and External customers
- Adeptly prioritises and reprioritises workload to meet the critical needs of the business. Go the extra mile to meet/exceed customer satisfaction and give a personal touch. Verify that you really understand the needs of the customer.
- Independently reviews skills required for the position and actively seeks methods to improve any areas of development
- Can critically analyse completed projects to learn from mistakes and consistently apply new learning to future tasks / projects
- Proactively seeks constructive feedback and adapts behaviour accordingly
- Identifies the developmental needs of the people; constructs and executes development plans.
- Looks for opportunities in allocating tasks to develop people.
- Conducts frequent review and feedback discussions to develop direct reports; is a people builder
- Fluent communicator in describing how their work fits to the bigger picture
- Can inspire and motivate individuals to and/or organisation; communicates a vision or sense of purpose.