Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper‐based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market‐leading innovations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer to join our Engineer team in March.
The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and have a right first time approach to work. A logical problem solver who gets to the root cause of a problem is essential.
To be successful for this field role, candidates will ideally meet all or most of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of AC / DC motors and drives
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of electrical safety circuits
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of PLC systems including standard ladder logic whilst having the ability to read and follow a schematic drawing.
- A minimum of 5 years electrical maintenance experience, within an FMCG environment
- NVQ 3 in Electrical Maintenance.
This role will require a team player but also someone who can carry out project work alone when required. Experience within the corrugated / printing / packaging industry is preferred but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply via our online application process.