National Account Manager – Business Development
Working for the UK’s leading packaging business
Territory: National Coverage (UK) – based either Midlands or Milton Keynes
Package: Basic salary up to £55,000 (dependent on experience)
Plus additional lucrative OTE, Company Car (or allowance), Smartphone, Laptop & excellent PLC company benefits
Sectors: Distribution, Medical, Electronics, Engineering & Automotive
Are you a Sales Professional with proven experience of developing major new business opportunities through value added sales?
Do you have experience of developing multi-sited Customers?
Then Macfarlane Packaging, the UK’s packaging provider, want to hear from you.
Macfarlane Packaging is the UK’s largest packaging distributor of transit packaging solutions. Operating from over 30 sites across Europe we provide a local service for major and multi-sited customers.
We specialise in adding value to our customers’ supply chains through innovative solutions and this is underpinned by our market leading Innovation Lab facilities, that designs and continually develops the specialist approach we provide. Providing an expansive range of stock and bespoke packaging from a wide range of manufacturers allows us to deliver impartial advice and supply at all levels of our customer’s business.
The National Account Manager (New Business Industrial) Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very successful team operating in both the UK and Europe supplying into multi-sited global organisations.
Join us and you will use your experience to win and develop significant multi-sited new business customers (typically with annual spend more than £250k).
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively identifying and targeting new opportunities. By researching prospects and using market information to prepare successful approach and make appointments.
- Through customer review identify innovative opportunities to add value through the supply of products and services in line with industry best practice.
- To be responsible for the collation of commercial and service proposals, communicating with relevant internal personnel to ensure commercial viability.
- Project manage the implementation of the new business wins working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels including Operations, Quality, Sustainability, Finance, H&S, Procurement and Marketing to ensure all customer needs are met and that continuous improvements can be executed.
Do you have the correct profile?
You will be sales professional experienced in developing and winning major new business opportunities. A background in packaging or value-added sales would be preferable. You will be more likely to enjoy success within this role if you are familiar with a more technical solution based selling approach. It’s also important that you are an analytical and strategic thinker with first class presentation and communication & interpersonal skills, coupled with strong project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with numerous key stakeholders. A valid driving license is essential, and we would prefer applicants to be based within the wider Midlands or Milton Keynes/Bucks/Northants area.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: -
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Additional holiday purchasing scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at many of our site locations
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favored candidate to commence with us ASAP. (Please note we are holding zoom video-interviews during the pandemic). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are continuing to adhere to Government guidelines whereby a significant number of our employees are working from home for the time being. Dependent on the precise role you have applied for, it is important to note that this may be a feature of your initial employment with us until Government advice changes and the situation improves. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE