NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Salary: £Open - depending on abilities + commission + car + pension
Our Client are an award winning UK manufacturer of printed packaging supplying FMCG, Personal Care, Automotive, Household and Healthcare markets among many others.
Due to major investment and increased capacity on press they are currently seeking a home office based Business Development Manager in the North of England to expand market share in key areas of business.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Flexible Packaging sales primarily (additional Labels experience would be a bonus). Key Target markets are Health and Beauty, Pharma, Petfood, Automotive Sectors.
You will be responsible for developing new customers, operating in accordance with agreed annual sales targets as necessary to ensure effective and efficient use of all resources in order to provide an optimum level of service to clients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Complete assigned daily sales calls
- Attend customer meetings to gain requirements and present services
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
- Present company services in a structured and professional manner
- Write client centric proposals to capture specific requirements and tailor customised solutions
- Maintain /develop relationships with existing customers in person, and via phone calls and emails
- Negotiate terms of business (in conjunction with directors) and closing sales
- Gather market and customer information and report back to Directors
- Liaise with operational staff to effectively resource requirements
- Record sales and client information on CRM system
- Review own sales performance and meet or exceed targets
- Attend team meeting and share best practice with colleagues
- Liaise with the Operations Manager, Technical Manager and/or Quality Assurance Manager on a regular basis, identifying problems and variations and providing solutions and corrective actions.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly sales meetings
- Excellent phone manner / people skills / written & verbal communication
- Excellent Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Tharstern, CRM skills
- Ability to work in a busy and differing team environment and under pressure
- Ability to communicate and express views clearly.
- Self-sufficient & self-motivated
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Experience of dealing with clients covering a range seniority and cultures
- Good Commercial Awareness
- Flexible and adaptable
- Hunter attitude with the ability to temper style to different client sectors
Salary: £Open - depending on abilities
0161 485 8888