NEW VACANCY! PK6143
NIGHT SHIFT ENGINEER (Mechanical biased, some electrical knowledge)
Up to £35k (Negotiable for the right candidate) + 24 days holiday (plus BH) + Pension
Hours: Sunday To Wednesday - 10:00pm to 6:00am
Thursday - 10:00pm to 5:00am
Our client are a leading bespoke corrugated packaging manufacturer and solutions provider (design, manufacture and print all in house). The company supply a wide range of market sectors including FMCG, retailers, supermarkets, produce markets, growers, food, cosmetic, automotive, industrial and horticultural.
They are currently looking to recruit an Engineer to work in accordance with all legislative and manufacturer requirements to ensure the optimised operation of all machinery in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
City and Guilds minimum qualification in an engineering / electrical discipline and basic P.L.C knowledge is required. Machining or Welding skills would be an advantage.
- Provide engineering cover to the Production Department ensuring that breakdowns are rectified promptly and effectively, resulting in minimum unplanned downtime.
- Respond to breakdowns with a high degree of urgency being suitably prepared to undertake diagnostic tasks
- Liaise with the Shift Manager to ensure that the most appropriate repair is made at the time of the breakdown
- Carry out / assist with the scheduled PPM programme
- Ensure the standards of safety, accuracy and productivity, administration, housekeeping and hygiene are maintained to the company's standards
- Provide cover for holidays and other absences within the engineering department
- Contribute ideas and solutions that will improve the levels of operation within engineering and production
The above list is not exhaustive. The job holder is expected to support the business as and when in the normal execution of their duties.
Nature and Scope:
- The Engineer will be a multi skilled engineer, capable of diagnosing and resolving a wide range of breakdown issues
- A flexible approach to working is required as priorities often change with short notice
- Work unsupervised delivering a high level of attention to detail
- The engineer works as part of the Production Team so must possess good communication skills to enable production operatives to provide the necessary information regarding the breakdown of their machine
- Work to a culture of continuous improvement to develop reliability, safety, accuracy and efficiency
The company is committed to providing very high standards of customer service and care and it is very important that all factory personnel maintain a high level of flexibility to support this.
(Negotiable for the right candidate)
0161 486 3104