£28K - £34K (Depending On Experience / Proven Track Record) + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Our Client is a leading independent packaging manufacturer supplying a range of packaging products to an excellent customer base.
They are currently looking to recruit an internal New Business Development Manager to persuade Senior Buyers of both new prospects (20,000+ to include the major Internet Retailers) and existing customers (4,000+) to place physical orders and / or accept a meeting with a Business Development Manager (External).
- Primary: New sales value of £225K in first 12 months, then £360K per year subsequently
- Secondary: Arrange minimum 21 meetings per month (based on average 21 working days / month) (arranged for an external colleague to visit)
- Minimum 15 x daily 'Meaningful Sales Interactions' (from qualified leads given at start of each day)
- NO order processing admin or incoming call handling whatsoever.
This is a senior-level role at the Company so the candidate's ambition and determination must rival the Directors.
Proven track record of sales via telephone vital.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Careful diary management of External BDMs calendars (of mutual convenience to client) prior to agreeing meeting times / dates, subsequently requesting support team send Outlook meeting invitation
- Geographically plan meeting dates / times to the most efficient use of time / fuel for the BDM (External) to attend meetings
- Ensure that database is well maintained (event title, PECS, BDMi notes box and event comments box completed) and event 'due dates' are met at all times
- Attend any relevant training courses and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety, and Quality Management
- In order to help in the efficiency and smooth running of the Company, you must recognise and fully accept that the Company may require you to work in any section carrying out other duties within your capabilities, as the workload so requires
- Proven track record of sales via telephone essential
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under own initiative
- Ability to challenge / persuade telephone prospect if hurdles need overcoming
- Comfortable making unsolicited calls
- Able to demonstrate previous 'cold call effectiveness'
- Superb telephone manner and communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with Directors and prestigious blue chip companies
- Quick thinker
- Team Player
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Confident and able to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Pro-active work ethic
- Organised and efficient
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Educated to a minimum standard of 5 GCSEs grade A-E
£28K - £34K (Depending on Exp.)
0161 486 3104