Based in Lincolnshire
Job ref: EG /48380
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Lead the production function meeting or exceeding all key performance indicators, with full accountability for ensuring safety, quality and delivery requirements are met.
The production function covers Extrusion, Print, Conversion, Building Film, Reclaim, Engineering and CPS. The role is responsible for developing and mentoring an enthusiastic and motivated team, ensuring that safety and environmental requirements are adhered to whilst implementing standard processes and driving continuous improvement
The role will involve liaison with the Technical & Quality Departments to ensure that quality/technical standards meet and exceed customer expectations and all accreditations including BRC, ISO9001 and ISO 14001 are maintained.
· Strategy & Improvement
· Drive continuous improvement principles through all operational departments
· Meet or exceed all operational performance KPI’s
· Recommend and manage capital expenditure projects to maximise growth and profitability of the business
· Identify and implement efficiency savings.
· Work with internal and external partners in cross functional projects that benefit the site, the Films division and the entire Company network
· Budget control and accountability
· Manage direct headcount ensuring labour costs are within budget
· Ensure daily workflow delivers order schedules meeting quality and delivery expectations.
· Drive OEE process improvements
· Promote a safety-first culture ensuring all team members are appropriately trained
· Develop skill sets of all operational employees to facilitate optimum performance levels
· Engage with all teams ensuring accountability for performance targets and an understanding of key business information
· Ensure daily productivity levels are measured through effective shop floor data capture.
· Training, safety and absence management ensuring compliance to Company / Site Policies and Procedures.
· Work with customers to ensure they fully understand the capabilities of the site.
· Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers added value and continuous improvements.
· Set department objectives/KPI’s and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
· Manage and lead the team ensuring optimum manning levels, managing recruitment, training & development and attendance/disciplinary issues to maximise productivity
· Work with the Quality & Technical functions to ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained initiating corrective actions where required.
Person specification - Who you need to be:
· Demonstrable people management skills with the ability to drive safety, quality & EBITDA, and to work in a demanding and metrics driven environment
· Commercially astute
· Ability to define and influence business strategy
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Track record in successful project management
· Organised and calm under pressure
· Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
Experience / Qualifications.
· Experienced operations professional with FMG manufacturing / packaging industry experience
· Relevant manufacturing / engineering degree preferred
· Extensive plant level experience with significant proven supervisory experience
To apply please contact Ellie Guest
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas