Job Title: Operations Manager/Director Designate -Corrugated Packaging
Salary: £70k-£75k basic (depending on experience) + benefits
Location: South East England
Our client designs and manufactures corrugated packaging using materials with strong green credentials, making them one of the leading contributors in the war against single use plastic.
They are looking for a senior manager to take the reins of the business’s operational function. The aim is to develop the role so the successful applicant can progress to director level within the business and ultimately become a shareholder. This position has five direct reports.
• Ensuring the company operates a safe operations function.
• Managing the preventative maintenance and machinery development programmes.
• Delivering on going manufacturing productivity improvements,
• Control and, as necessary, the enhancement of product quality.
• Adherence to the daily manufacturing plan, to ensure deliveries are on time and in full.
• A driven and energetic approach to leading operations teams to implement change and
• A strong operations background with experience in a packaging manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of methodologies to deliver continuous improvement within a packaging manufacturing environment.
• An ability to engage with a wide variety of people both internally and externally to the
• Has the ability to deliver successfully large capital investment projects.
• Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation and BRCGS Direct Food Standards would
• A strong belief in outstanding customer service and a desire to always ensure the customer
receives excellent service.