NEW VACANCY! (PK6708)
PACKAGING DESIGN ENGINEER
£Competitive + 20 Days Per Annum + Life Insurance + Pension Scheme
Hours Of Work: Monday To Friday 8.00am - 5:00pm
Our Client is a market leading packaging company based in the South West, they are now looking to recruit a Packaging Design Engineer to join their team. You will support the continued expansion of their Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Design team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join one of the fastest-growing, most innovative packaging companies in the UK and embark on the path towards a successful and rewarding career.
Working within a very experienced group of technically minded people the ideal candidate needs to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously as part of a team. The candidate's primary role will be to work from design briefs and concepts, developing these through to completion. This will involve regular interaction with the sales, technical sales, purchasing, commercial and logistics teams within the company
CAD Drawings are a major aspect of the role, so the candidate needs to be able to convey information to both customers as well as suppliers in a clear, concise, and professional manner. The candidate needs to have a broad skill set and plenty of enthusiasm to learn; training to build upon existing skills will be offered. Many of the division's projects call for completely bespoke solutions so the candidate must have the ability to develop designs using different materials and production processes.
Experience designing using a variety of different materials including corrugate, foam, timber, cartonboard, steel & plastics is essential to this role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proficient user of Solidworks, ideally will have completed the essentials, Drawings, Assembly Modelling and Advanced Part Modelling training modules or has gained experience to these levels.
- Experienced in either design or engineering based disciplines.
- Experience within the packaging or in related industries and a basic understanding of Packaging Dynamics would be advantageous.
- Experience of design for manufacture is a fundamental requirement.
- Portfolio of concept & manufacturing drawings.
- Capable of working to a brief within very tight timescales.
- Demonstrate the ability to design market leading commercial solutions.
- A team player with prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic & ability to multi‐task.
- Must have a clean driving license.
In return they will offer you the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and skilled people in the industry. You will be joining an organisation that has grown from zero to a major national player and where the energy and enthusiasm of the team is infectious.