Packaging Design Engineer
Colour Cosmetics, Skincare & Fragrance
We are a Global business with an exceptional reputation in the beauty industry for its innovative design of cosmetic packaging. We are based in central London with worldwide offices. We are a young, fun company who have a work hard play hard attitude!
Supplying colour cosmetics/fragrances/toiletries and skin care products to international customers worldwide, we have operations in Europe and the Far East.
We are looking for people who are talented, creative and passionate for cosmetics.
This is your chance to work in an extremely fast paced company where innovation and creativity are the rule, not the exception. With a small company atmosphere, there is excellent promotion prospects for the right person.
· Carrying out design of primary and secondary packaging components via 3D modeling and technical drawings
· Qualifying tooling of packaging components
· Overseeing ongoing quality of production
· Providing technical support for project managers
· Providing technical correspondence with manufacturing facilities and clients
· Providing technical correspondence with IP attorneys
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BEng or MEng)
· 400+ hours Solidworks experience including non-linear surfacing and other complex part creation, drafting experience with GD&T knowledge
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently under a small amount of supervision
- Familiarity with plastic injection molding, blow molding, die casting, thermoforming and other mass manufacturing processes
· Familiarity with measurement systems, assembly tolerance stack-up, tooling qualification procedures, and AQL Inspection procedures in mass manufacturing
· Creativity/Problem Solving Skills
· High workload capability
· Experience collaborating with IP attorneys
· Experience in the cosmetics industry
Self-motivated, proactive, self-prioritise Great team player Very good written and oral communication skills in English (French an advantage)
up to £60k (DoE) + 10% bonus, private pension & private medical cover