We are looking to recruit an experienced & forward-thinking Packaging Development Manager who will be key in supporting the ambitious development and growth plans .
Through the initiation and delivery of key innovation projects and improvement initiatives you will be responsible for delivering real competitive advantage for the business.
As an integral part of the Development and Operations team, the successful candidate will lead and co-ordinate cross functional teams to deliver challenging packaging projects, focused on sustainability, quality, operational performance, cost and customer value.
As our subject matter expert in packaging, you will be the ‘linchpin’ in working with teams including Manufacturing, Engineering, Product development, Supply chain, Purchasing and Sales & Marketing, to deliver packaging initiatives that meet or exceed the agreed objectives.
You will be fully conversant with the latest packaging technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the business and our customers. Ultimately you will be responsible for ensuring we are recognised as a market leader for our responsible and innovative approach to packaging. As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
Qualifications required :
- Expert knowledge of polymer packaging
- Experience across a broad range of packaging materials in FMCG
- Up-to-date knowledge of emerging packaging and sustainability trends, challenges and technologies.
- Proven track record of successful inter-disciplinary project management
- Successful track record of optimising packaging performance within a manufacturing environment
- Experience within food manufacturing - preferably frozen or chilled
- Graduate Calibre
- Degree in Engineering or Science subject
- Diploma in Packaging Technology (e.g. IOM3 level 5)
- In depth knowledge of aluminium, fibre-based and flexible / laminates packaging
- A self-motivated individual with excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills based on an analytical approach
- Ability to drive for completion and delivery of complex projects
- Good team leadership and communication skills