An exciting, NPD driven role to develop sustainable and commercially appropriate packaging solutions. Provide subject matter expertise in guiding customers though appropriate legislative requirements and constraints applicable to packaging. Build and maintain supplier relationships to extract best in class solutions for customers, both functionally and commercially. Work closely with marketing, sourcing, quality assurance, graphics teams.
- Lead on the delivery and project management of appropriate packaging solutions, including cost benefit and risk, piloting and implementation timelines.
- Co-creation, development and delivery of innovative packaging solutions, in alignment with suppliers and external innovation;
- Establish methodology and reporting metrics to support relevant customer goals, working with independent experts and sharing best practice adopted from other markets and working in collaboration with stakeholders e.g. distribution companies, Packaging suppliers, industry experts;
- Horizon scanning, innovation and sharing best practice from other markets and the industry to support the above priorities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Understand and proactively support customer business strategies.
- Constantly seek best packaging solutions to answer the needs of our clients.
- Regularly review and challenge common processes and propose improvements.
- Engage with and influence suppliers for effective and timely delivery;
- Keep clear overview of all activities happening and issue regular reports and presentations.
- Manage allocated packaging/sourcing projects and proactively suggest solutions .
5+ years experience in packaging development, sustainability, project management, good understanding of printing & packaging materials & technologies. Degree in a technical or business discipline