Reporting to the Packaging Development Manager, you will be part of a passionate and driven packaging team.
You will use all your skills and experiences to provide technical expertise in the development of new products and changes to existing ones. You will coordinate and support the delivery of packaging development across EPD, NPD, cost-engineering and innovation projects.
Our ever increasing and complex packaging portfolio requires you to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to develop our next big innovations as well as resolve any manufacturing issues by leading investigations, drawing conclusions and supporting implementation to ensure we meet business objectives.
The role heavily encompasses food manufacturing and the candidate will be a key driver for providing packaging solutions to meet a wide range of business objectives including commercial, innovation and marketing objectives.
What you will be responsible for
- Supporting the introduction of new packaging and amendments to existing packaging materials and components in accordance with business briefs and project timelines.
- Work alongside internal and external stakeholders to ensure structural design integrity, development of creative concepts, mock ups and samples.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to the relevant teams on packaging structures, materials, print and specification throughout the design process.
- Approval of technical drawings and print specifications to complete product validation.
- Supporting artwork/repro processes, following approval processes, whilst maintaining system records.
- Conducting factory trials, reporting and liaising directly with stakeholders to support product investigations, optimisation targets and project delivery.
- Assisting in the compilation of finished goods specifications once validated.
- Assist in the non-conformance procedure and help to implement quality standards with suppliers competently to provide resolutions going forward.
- Skills & Experience required :
Ideally 2 + years packaging development experience involving design, innovation and project management through to commercialisation, within an FMCG background.
- A proven track record in project management gained within the Food, Food Retail or FMCG sectors.
- Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant technical, food and or packaging related subject.
- Good understanding of packaging operations, packaging materials, specifications, equipment and processes.
- Good knowledge across rigid and flexible plastics, carton board and corrugated categories.
- Demonstrate a competent level of knowledge of printing processes used within the food or fmcg markets.
- Key personal attributes, skills required & responsibilities
- Excellent project management skills supported by strong communication skills.
- Good reporting discipline with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Can do/problem-solving, positive and proactive attitude.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable working across the Microsoft Office suite with strong presentation skills.
- Experience with Adobe suite a plus
- You will be running & taking ownership of current live projects, with the support of department associates and the wider business.
- Achieve a high level of success, delivering projects on time, meeting all desired objectives.
- Lead the business in the early stages of any future development and innovation projects.
- To show a real enthusiasm for tackling and solving business challenges, whether project based or problem solving/troubleshooting issues.
- Be proactive to identify, propose and resolve supply chain, technical and operational packaging issues.
- Develop strong working relationships with our key suppliers
- We are a young company, one of the UK’s fastest growing premium food brands and we are moving rapidly into new commercial areas including retail and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow. This an amazing opportunity to grow your career and be part of a truly dynamic team and business. We have an entrepreneurial mind set moving at a pace, with an exciting pipeline of new products, delivering true innovation to the market to achieve its ambitious growth plans. You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest. We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities. Lots of additional benefits including free breakfast and lunch, access to bi-weekly massages, 2 mental health/volunteering days a year and great team socials.