An exciting opportunity for a passionate packaging technologist with approx 1- 3 years work experience , you will be working for a renowned British food company at their R&D & manufacturing site in Yorkshire. The role has arisen due to internal promotion.
As part of the packaging development team, you will be delivering the packaging development elements in support of Innovation via NPD / EPD together with the identification and development of new pack formats.
What you will be doing:
- Create & develop packaging formats in line with Marketing brand plans and specific briefs. Present a range of ideas to marketing, and then lead the development of these from concept through to implementation.
- Create & develop packaging formats in line with Brand & Customer Brand own label specific briefs, and then lead the development of these from concept through to implementation.
- Within the project team support the packaging development process including costings, trials (including objectives, outputs / success criteria etc.), operations briefing, due diligence validation, print runs, process compliance, distribution and retailer handling trials within our sites and within co-packers.
- Use effective project management and organisational skills and ensure clear communication both written and verbal.
- Investigate & communicate new technology developments that could support innovation.
- Support and develop a relationship with Packaging & Machine suppliers to identify new ideas.
- Build an understanding of packaging material interactions with diverse range of packaging machines and ensure that the packaging materials key performance criteria are part of the specifications.
- Support and identify areas for value improvement (ie format, material and supplier changes)
- Sign-off of all new artwork against the packaging criteria.
- Ensure business database system is populated with the correct packaging specification information.
- Ensure that all U.K. and International legal requirements relating to packaging are strictly adhered to, and that awareness of amendments / new requirements are maintained and communicated within relevant functions e.g. Packaging R&D, Central Technical etc.
What we need from you:
- 1 - 3 years experience in a packaging technology role in a Food, Beverage, FMCG or Pharmaceutical environment
- Packaging R&D project delivery from concept through to launch
- Science based degree in either Packaging, Materials or a Food Science would be an advantage but not essential
- Institute of Packaging Diploma would be an advantage
- Project Management skills
- Technically competent across a range of packaging material specifications, their applications and packing processes.
- Demonstrable experience with developing new pack formats with external packaging suppliers and third party manufacturers
- Capable of managing medium sized projects independently
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary
- Up to 7.5% pension
- Life assurance
- Wide range of online and in-house training
- Access to an employee discount scheme, with access to hundreds of nationwide retailers