A fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Engineering Manager (NPD) to join the team of this global, food manufacturer.
The Packaging Manager will lead the European New Product Development (NPD) Packaging function & manage one senior Packaging Technologist.
You will play an integral role in the execution of packaging Innovation & Renovation projects as well as the creation & implementation of the overall packaging strategy. Through a strategic approach, this individual will bridge gaps within cross-functional teams to meet or exceed the overall unified business objectives. The Packaging Manager will be responsible for setting annual departmental goals and developing the team to achieve key performance objectives.
- Provide direct and indirect leadership to the European NPD Packaging team to ensure projects are delivered against customer and business objectives in a timely manner.
- Administrate and coordinate change management techniques to ensure all packaging development meet or exceed production, supply chain, and consumer facing key performance indicators & project objectives.
- Prioritization and stage gating of multiple Innovation & Renovation projects executions to achieve on time business objectives.
- Develop and mentor European NPD and Packaging Team members; providing opportunities for professional development, personal growth, to ensure a solid succession plan.
- Act as subject matter expert to continuously advance packaging specifications, standards, methods, and supporting practices to address business needs; driving adoption thereto into internal & external packaging operations and other business functions where required.
- ABOUT YOU
You will have excellent communication skills when expressing ideas and presenting information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience. Delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener. You will be comfortable working with ambiguity, to achieve forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Science or Engineering field from an accredited university
- Experience working directly within a Package Development role
- Proven change management skills; demonstrated ability to implement initiative across multiple functional areas
- Experience working in the Food and Beverage or FMCG Industry is preferred
- ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
Generous remuneration package which includes:
- A generous compensation package
- 26 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- 9% Company Contributed Pension Scheme
- Annual bonus
- Great on-going training and career progression opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work
- Great Life assurance scheme including income protection scheme
- Family Friendly Policies
- Education Sponsorship
- Employee Assistance Programme
£generous basic + benefits package (bonus, private medical cover, private pension)