NEW VACANCY (PK7357)
PACKAGING MACHINERY SALES MANAGER
ANY UK LOCATION
Attractive salary based on experience + Commission + Car + 25 Days Holidays
In conjunction with the Managing Director, the Machinery Sales Manager will develop and implement a business development strategy and operational plan across the key product lines and deliver a service which exceed customer expectations to ensure continued commercial success of the company.
You will operate as a capital equipment senior representative with responsibility for developing new business across the UK, partnering with key OEM's. There is an emphasis on driving new products and services into existing customers, whilst also looking for new customers to partner with.
The candidate will have significant presence and excellent influencing skills together with a motivational and empowering leadership style. This combined with a confident and hardworking approach is critical to the success of the role. The appointed candidate must display strong commercial attributes and the ability to inspire and influence at all levels. Whilst the exact types of machinery sold isn't important, it is essential that the appointed candidate has a proven track record of equipment sales into the food packer/ processor sector.
- Provide the Managing Director with regular sales reports highlighting existing business performance and progress on opportunities
- Provide an understanding of customer requirements and ensure accurate forecasting mechanisms are in place to aid operational planning
- Develop and implement effective and innovative business development plans to enable growth and increased profitability with existing and new customers
- Drive sales to ensure maximum performance versus budgets
- Implements sales strategies to sell new and existing products within their portfolio to new and existing customers.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to facilitate long term relationships to cultivate repeat business.
- Offer a consultative sales approach to customers and continually introduce new products and services.
- Protect profit margin by ensuring sales volumes remain high and prices are set at a profitable level
- Manage, mentor and coach the existing sales team and ensure their continued professional development
- Provide strategic direction to the sales team through effective communication and performance management processes
- Develop the sales team to ensure effective succession planning and employee retention
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key team members and other stakeholders, both within and outside the organisation
- Develop the Marketing Strategy for existing products and target markets
- Experience of operating in a strategic sales leadership role within an organisation and has successfully established management systems and processes to deliver improved performance.
- Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with a fresh perspective focusing on the future within the sales teams
- Strong influencing skills with customers and senior management
- Ability to work effectively within a team and a track record of empowering staff
- Enthusiastic and energetic approach to work
- Ability to improve solutions by questioning the status quo
- Competitive and resilient nature with desire to succeed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management systems (ideally Salesforce)
- A full current and valid driving licence
- Ability to travel across the UK & Ireland for short defined periods to ensure performance of sales team and customer satisfaction