Our client is a manufacturer of food products, providing unrivalled quality, innovation and service to customers in the UK and overseas. Their heavy investment in technology allows them to offer a forward-thinking, quality assured source of supply.
This market leader employs a highly skilled and dedicated workforce. They carefully develop their expertise to ensure that they are able to add value to the business and customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packaging Manager to manage all their packaging issues and meet the needs of stakeholders in the best possible way. This role requires someone who is methodical, rigorous, and able to analyse prevailing situations and quickly find solutions.
Key Responsibilities :
Packaging techniques :
- Improve technically and economically the packaging materials in line with the products and the packaging processes.
- Improve technically and economically the overwraps materials in line with the overwrapping processes.
- Take part in the logistics improvements.
- Propose alternative packaging solutions to the manufacturing and sales department.
- Define the new needs of various stakeholders
- Supervise industrial trials
- Study costs
- Validate the proposals with the manufacturing and development departments
- Define precisely internal and external needs.
- Identify the packaging materials suppliers in cooperation with procurement.
- Contact and meet potential packaging materials suppliers in cooperation with procurement.
Management and supervision of the suppliers :
- Take part in the supplier approval process in cooperation with Quality and Procurement.
- Take part in the suppliers’ evaluation with Quality and Procurement.
- Take part in the audits of the suppliers.
- Analyse quality issues on packaging materials and take part in the management of litigations with suppliers in cooperation with Quality and Procurement.
Technical skills :
- Evaluate the industrial feasibility and reproducibility of packaging processes and solutions.
- Advise appropriate departments on packaging materials to choose and possible optimisations.
- Create and adapt product packaging
- Organise, monitor and take benefit of industrial trials
- Anticipate, detect and interpret the technical difficulties
- Manage team
- Communicate, read and write technical documentation, reports, notes
- Use graphic software
- Translate the results of industrial trials in guidance and procedures
- Optimise and harmonise the existing packages
- Negotiate with suppliers, internal or external stakeholders
- Audit and evaluate new packaging materials, equipment or packaging machines suppliers.
Please note: Candidates must have between 3 to 5 years’ experience in the same role within the food industry.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
£55k to £60k basic + benefits