A well-established drinks specialist has an exciting opportunity available for a Packaging Manager to join its team.
The role of Packaging Manager will be responsible for managing the packaging technology function and providing exceptional packaging technology support to the business. You will aim to improve performance of packaging suppliers manufacturing facilities and quality systems. The Packaging Manager will also ensure that all packaging provided to this premier drinks supplier is in accordance with its specification and provides the functionality to meet the demands of the bottling programme.
Main responsibilities as our Packaging Manager will be:
• Line Management responsibility for one Packaging Technologist
• Project Management
• Drive continuous improvement in packaging
• Reduce the number of packaging non-conformances by proactively working with suppliers on improvements
• Create packaging supplier quality agreements / KPIs
• Schedule and chair quality review meetings with suppliers
• Represent the packaging function in the NPD meetings
• Audit packaging suppliers
• Be an active member of the HACCP team
• Ensure that all packaging has an up to date specification and that this is reviewed at the required frequency
• Advise business on improvements / developments in packaging
• Advise business on legislative and regulatory requirements pertaining to packaging of the finished product
• Assist sales and marketing in identifying specific customers’ needs and develop packaging solutions to support these
• Assist in the checking and approval of all packaging pilot samples
• Organise and oversee production trials to ensure the suitability of new packaging materials
• Identify cost reduction opportunities whilst maintaining effective packaging solutions
• Attend first production / print runs at the packaging manufacturer
• Liaise with Finance to charge and recover costs from suppliers for non-conforming packaging
• Be involved in obsolescent packaging materials
Candidates must have proven management skills and a track record of successfully working with packaging materials from a technical point of view in either FMCG or the drinks sector. Experience with continuous improvement objectives is also key, as is the ability to work as part of a team. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who stands out from the crowd, with an ability to make reasoned decisions and strength of character to stand by them.
Skills you’ll need as our client’s Packaging Manager:
• Full driving license
• FLT License
• Good administration skills
• IT skills to support and enhance performance
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.