Our client is a highly successful, global, innovative design & development company within cosmetic packaging.
The vacancy is based in the central London office interfacing with other worldwide offices.
You will be working across colour cosmetics/fragrances/skincare products for premium global brands. They are a young, fun company who have a work hard play hard attitude !
We are looking for people who are talented problem solvers and passionate about cosmetic structural packaging, to join the Engineering and Innovation team and help in the development of innovative packaging solutions.
This is your chance to work in an extremely fast paced company where innovation and creativity are the rule, not the exception. With a small company atmosphere, there is excellent promotion prospects for the right person. Genuine progression/career growth opportunities.
- 3D model making preferably Solidworks
- Working within a team of expert Packaging & Product Design Engineers
- Measuring and testing of molded samples during tool qualification,
- Practical workshop skills
- Providing technical support for project managers
- Providing technical correspondence with manufacturing facilities and clients
- Degree in Product Design Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience in beauty/cosmetics or similar luxury or FMCG markets is desirable but alternative similar industries (i.e synergy with beauty packaging materials & components) experience would be considered
- SolidWorks experience including non-linear surface modelling and other complex plastic part creation, drafting experience with GD&T knowledge
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently under a small amount of supervision
- Capable of working/delivering within tight time schedules.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in plastic injection molding, blow molding and other mass manufacturing processes
- Experience with different decoration techniques
- Some hands on workshop experience (model making)
- Measurement systems, assembly tolerance stack-up, tooling qualification procedures, and AQL Inspection procedures in mass manufacturing experience
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- High workload capability
- Experience/knowledge as packaging technologist would be of a benefit but not essential
Personal Skills required
- Self-motivated, proactive, self-prioritise
- Great team player
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English (French an advantage)